Mrs. Moa-Walsh’s Newsletter
December 3, 2021
Happy Advent! We are waiting patiently for the birth of our Savior.
This week, in class, we focused on how each of us can make a difference during the Advent season. Our goal in third grade is to pray more and do kind things for others. Each student received a R.A.C.K. (Random Acts of Christmas Kindness) worksheet that they can work on at home, this does not need to be returned. We also attended reconciliation on Wednesday.
In math, we continue to work on basic multiplication skills. Next week, students will be tested on x2, x 5, and x10. Please practice these at home for quick recall.
In reading class, we read a beautiful story that has been handed down for generations called: “The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree”.
Spelling words for next week are the /ou/ sounds: clown, round, bow, cloud, power, crown, thousand, crowd, sound, count, powder, blouse, frown, and pound.
- Please send your child with a health snack and water bottle each day
- I have attached an additional book log in case your child lost theirs
- I am also sending an attachment with fun songs you can sing at home to practice multiplication
- Please make sure your child has a coat and shoes that can get wet, we go outside even on days when there is rain
- Advance notice is need if your child will need to leave early, or not be attending school
- ICRS 2021 Christmas Program will be online this year. Mr. Fejeran is preparing the children for a recorded Christmas Program. Stay tuned for more information
- SUMAS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LIBRAY RELIEF Sumas Elementary school was destroyed during the November flooding. Sumas Elementary library lost most of its books due to the flooding. The ICRS teachers would like to donate their classroom wish list to the Sumas Elementary School Library this year. Please consider helping Sumas Elementary rebuild its library.
Thank you for your ongoing support at home.