I hope you and your family had a restful, relaxing, and fun Christmas break. This week we spent time reviewing math skills and classroom rules. Today we attended mass led by the eight -grade class. We also said goodbye to Coach Genest. He was Mrs. Van Selus’ substitute. We hope to see him subbing in other classrooms through the school year. Next week we will be back to our regular classroom routines. We will also be welcoming a new classmate next week all the way from Florida. Her name is Zoe.
Next week at a glance
Reading/spelling: This is the second story on the new unit on animals and camouflage. “They Thought They Saw Him”. It is a fictional story about seeing the world through a chameleon’s eyes. The spelling pattern for next week is long e sound. The reading and spelling tests will be on Friday.
Math: We are wrapping up counting money and telling time. Students will learn how to add ones and tens using the hundreds chart. Daily practice of addition, subtraction, time, money and story problems at home is needed for quick and accurate recall.
Religion: Students have finished reading about the Christmas season. Chapter five is about God the Son.
- There will be half day of school on January 18th
- January 18th, there will be skate day after noon dismissal
- No School on Monday, January 21, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Catholic Schools week begins on January 27th
- ICRS is hosting a Safe Environment Class, “Protecting God’s Children” on Thursday, Jan 23, from 5-8PM.