September 21, 2020
Good afternoon 5th grade families,
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate through this new exciting step! Please note that things will be fluid at least a week or two as we set new routines in place. Next week, September 21, 2020 will begin our hybrid schedule. I have included both schedules as an attachment. You will only need to follow the schedule for your child’s cohort. School drop off will be 8:30-8:45AM and pick up is 3:00 PM.
- On google classroom, students will have access to the schedule, zoom links, and assignments for the week.
- All students need to login 10 minutes before 8:45AM. At 8:45AM, I will take attendance, have a quick morning meeting, and end with prayer.
- Students who are at home will then go to google classroom where they will see their daily assignments and goals for the day. Students at home are expected to be working from 8:30 AM- 12:30 PM. They of course can take breaks when needed.
- I will have Q&A sessions in the morning and in the afternoon (check schedule). This is for students who need help or who have questions that I was not able to answer via our live chats on Moby Max.
- On Fridays we will have our whole class zoom meetings at 9:00 AM.
Important items to bring to school:
- Lunch— no microwave or hot water— bring items that are ready to eat.
Hot Lunch is available.
- Three to four face masks
- Water bottle
- Headphones or ear buds (cheap ones) – I have about 11 that I lend out, but not enough for the whole class to keep at their desks.
- An old sweatshirt or sweater they can use to sit on when we go outside or to use if it gets too cold in the classroom.
- PE shoes that will stay in school (don’t need for this week but something to keep in mind). Students will not change for PE. PE will mostly take place outside.
- Three – four notebooks
- Religion book and Frindle
- Laptop and charger
I will have a clearer picture of any other materials students will need as the week goes on and will add it to my weekly email.
- Tuesday, September 22, 2020 Picture day for cohort A (free dress)
- Wednesday, September 23, 2020 Picture day for cohort B (free dress)
- Monday, Sep 28, 5-8PM, “Protecting God’s Children” mandatory class for all NEW volunteers. This class will be conducted on Zoom. Headphones are highly recommended. Sign up on virtusonline.org.
Learning Goals for the week:
- Go over new routines and procedures for in class and online instruction
- Math- we will review multiplication and division. Hope to get to Number Sense which includes decimal place value.
- ELA- Reading we will continue to read Frindle and analyze the elements of a fictional story. We will continue to work in Raz-Kids this week.
- ELA- Language- work on sentence structure and nouns.
- Science- 2 mini lessons to work on in class and at home.
- Religion- Chapter 1 God’s Plan for All Creation
Items will be added to google classroom. These assignments will be for independent learning to complete on the days they are learning from home.
Thank you for all your support, I couldn’t do this without your help. Not to mention, your awesome kids who have adjusted to change so well and ever so eager to learn. I am truly blessed.
Have a wonderful weekend,