Welcome to 5th Grade
Mrs. Linda Morrison
Teacher Wish List
- Teachers Pay Teachers Gift Cards
- Gift cards to Target, Amazon and Hobby Lobby are always welcome for classroom materials
2023-2024 Room Parent
Mr. Josh Lecha
5th grade Family Letter December 4, 2023
Good afternoon families:
Important dates this week:
Tuesday: Buddy groups at 1:45PM
Thursday: Reconciliation at 2:00PM at ICC
Friday: 8:55-9:15 Family Groups – we will be doing “Cotton ball Olympics”, (more to come on this), then go to Mass with your family group. Please be seated in the church by 9:25. It’s a holy day of obligation so it will be a full church. The Feast of the Immaculate Mary.
Martha’s Place Stockings
Our Student Council, ICRS students, and Sacred Hearts in La Conner are partnering together to spread Christmas Cheer to the residents of Martha’s Place. Last week, students colored Christmas pictures and cut snowflakes for the resident’s apartments. This week, we will be making paper chains and meeting with our Mass Buddy Classes to create prayers and name tags for stockings.
If students or families would like to donate small items for stockings you are welcomed, but not obligated. This is only if your student would like to add something, such as a candy cane, a note of encouragement, an ornament, hard candy, fun pen, etc. Items that you may already have at home. Please bring items by next Friday, Dec 15. Thank you, ICRS StuCo
– In Reading- Conclude Earthquake Terror by Peg Kehret. Analyze The Best Christmas Pageant focusing on Theme, Moral, Character Traits and how they help shape a character throughout the story.
– In Writing/Reading- Santa is Missing. Students are creating a Christmas story for their 1st grade buddies. Hope to have them ready for by next week so that they can share them with the first graders by Thursday, December 14.
– In Social Studies-Continue to prepare to do research on a Catholic Church from the state they will choose in the week.
– In Religion- Advent
– In Science continue unit on Water Cycle and Earth’s Systems
Homework is light week this week. Reading The Best Christmas Pageant and Gist List. However, students can also work on IXL, Church Report, or Santa is Missing.