November 30, 2018
We came back to a full week of activities! Today we practiced for the 1st Advent Prayer Service that will be led by both the second and third grade classes. We would love for you to join us at St. Joe’s 9 AM Monday morning.
Next week at a glance
Reading: We are back to our regular testing schedule. Spelling pretest on Monday and spelling/reading vocabulary test on Friday. The spelling pattern is the final /en/ sound. The story is called “The Story of the Three Whales”. This is a touching story about three whales who are trapped in a sea of ice. Many people show kindness in the story by trying to rescue the whales.
Math: Students will continue to work on telling time and counting money. Please work with your child at home on theses skills along with basic addition and subtraction up to 20.
Religion: Please look for a fun Advent calendar to do as a family with different activities you can do each day.
Science: We will continue to work on a new unit called “Matter”.
- Advent prayer service at 9 AM, Monday the 3rd Of December at 9AM
- Mass, whole school, The Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, 10:30 Am Friday December 7th , full uniform required
- A tradition for the second-grade class at Christmas time is to collect baby food in honor of baby Jesus. I am asking each student to do some extra chores around the house to earn money, so he/she can buy baby food. This food will be collected and given out at a local food bank for babies in the Skagit Valley area.
- Student Council is leading the whole school in collecting supplies for the homeless. The second grade class will is collecting small packages of personal wipes/baby wipes. Thse need to be the small size so it can fit into a backpack.
- Please give advanced notice if your child will be gone , this is a busy time of the school year and it is difficult to get your child caught up if he/she is absent