September 19, 2022
Dear 7th Graders and Parents,
Welcome to Week 3. We have been working on building our classroom community and starting our content investigations. I have attached some photos.
Today students will be bringing home their first Green Slip. The Green Slip serves as a weekly progress report. Students look up their grades in RenWeb and make note of any missing assignments. Please sign the Green Slip and return it tomorrow. Students will be graded on getting it signed and returned to help with executive skills. Grandparent signatures count too : ) !
Baker Lake – I will be contacting chaperones and those with tents to share – tomorrow.
Working On –
We have also begun reading the Adventure of Ulysses. As Ulysses leaves Troy after the Trojan War, he has an incredible journey back home. We will have short assignments throughout the book as well as a culminating study guide and vocabulary sheet we are working on daily.
This week we continue working with integers and integer operations. Students will have practice problems daily, if they do not finish in class it will be homework.
This week we are reviewing the Five Paragraph Essay. Student created a mind-map about something they are Good at, Like, done Umpteen times, Remember easily, and are Proud of. This GLURP essay will be worked on in class daily.
Social Studies –
Hot Spots, as in locations of chaos in our world, is our first topic in SS this trimester. Students will be conducting their first major research project in class for the next month. Students will have 12 research note cards due Friday.
Students are investigating prepositions. We will continue practicing.
Last week, 7th graders had an overview of the Bible. This week students will take a deeper look into the New Testament and explore one specific book. Don’t forget to turn in the permission form for the Middles School Retreat. How is your child doing with service hours?
This week in 7th science we have a short week due to MAP testing. We will be working both days on assignments exploring the characteristics of old growth forests.
A few reminders–
- Green Slips (progress report) going home today. They need to be signed and returned.
- Picture Day tomorrow! This is a FREE DRESS picture day. Students should wear school appropriate clothing, see handbook for info.
- M.A.P Testing will be Wednesday and Thursday mornings this week. Please try to be on-time and avoid morning appointments if possible. Thanks!
- School Mass Friday – Students should wear Blue!
- Congratulations to Aikum and Mikas, our new 7th Grade representatives for Student Council.
- MS Soccer games start this week. They would love support if you would like to attend.
- An ICRS Student Choir is forming. Students (grades 4-8) interested in Choir may join. Practices will be Wednesday morning at 8:30 AM.
- PE Clothes: Students will be dressing out for PE this year. Mondays only and will not need to change before electives.
- Students have received a school planner & correspondence folder, we are writing due dates and important information there.
Sept 20 Picture Day – Free Dress
Sept 21 M.A.P Testing (Morning)
Sept 22 M.A.P Testing (Morning)
Sept 23 School Mass – Wear Blue
Sept 27 M.A.P Testing (Morning)
Sept 28 M.A.P Testing (Morning)
September 29 & 30 Overnight Hiking Trip
Oct 07 School Mass – Wear Blue
Oct 11 All Middle School Retreat @ Saint Charles
Oct 13 Early Dismissal @ Noon
Oct 14 No School
Seventh Grade Teacher
Immaculate Conception Regional School
Mount Vernon, WA