MRS. WADE’S NEWSLETTER
May 25, 2019
I cannot believe that this newsletter contains information for end of the year! I have so enjoyed teaching your children this year! This is a very special group of children and I will miss teaching them next year!
We will be going on an end of the year field trip to Riverside Lanes on Monday, June 3rd. The cost for each child is $8.15. We will leave the school at 9:50 and return at approximately 11:30. The children will bowl two games. We have 5 lanes reserved so I would love to have 5 chaperones! Please send a note to school or email me if you would like to be a chaperone. Permission slips are due back to class on or before Tuesday, May 14th. Please DO NOT send money, the fee will be billed to you using FACTS.
MAY Book Reports
As their May homework, I am asking the children to choose two books from home that they are able to read and complete two book reports. Please have your child practice reading the books several times as I will be encouraging all children to read their books to the class. The first book report (setting & characters) is due May 9th, and the second book report (events) is due May 23rd.
DADS AND DONUTS
All Dads are invited to join us on Friday, May 31st from 8:30-9:30 for donuts and a fun activity with your child to celebrate YOU! Happy Father’s Day!
END OF YEAR PROGRAM
We will be having a short, end of the year program on Wednesday, June 12th at 2:30. The children will make and decorate cupcakes for this event. I will send home what ingredient your child needs to bring later this month. I will need volunteers to help the children mix the batter as well as bring mixer, bowl, etc., a couple of people to stay a little longer to bake the cupcakes and then a group of volunteers to help monitor the children frosting and decorating the cupcakes. I will be sending home the June newsletter later this month asking for volunteers. I just wanted to let you know in advance so you can check your calendars. 😊 The times are listed on the June calendar that is attached.
Field day is on June 7th. More information will be sent home in the brown envelope closer to this fun-filled day.
Mark Your Calendars
April Reading Log Due – May 2nd
Book Order Due – May 7th
Moms and Muffins – May 3rd (8:30-9:30)
Bring a Flower to School – May 2nd (May Crowing)
Permission Slips Due – May 14th
Book Report Due – May 9th
Bring Baptism Picture to Class – May 21 & 22
Book Report Due – May 23rd
NO SCHOOL – May 27th
May Reading Log Due – May 29th
Cupcake Ingredients Due – May 30th (More Info. To Come! 😊)
Dads and Donuts – May 31st (8:30-9:30)
Field Trip to Riverside Lanes – June 3rd
Field Day – Friday, June 7th
Last Day of Kindergarten – Wed., June 12th
Moving Up Ceremony – Fri. June 14th (More Info. To Follow)
IMPORTANT KINDERGARTEN INFORMATION
- May 21st and 22nd Bring Baptism Pictures to Class
- May Book Report Due 23rd
- May Reading Logs are due Wednesday, May 29th
- June Book Report Due Wednesday, June 5th (Form Attached)
DADS AND DONUTS – FRIDAY, MAY 31st 8:30 – 9:30
FIELD TRIP to Riverside Lanes – Mon., June 3rd Leave at 9:50 – Return at 11:30
- All Permission Slips have been returned….Thank you!
- Students will have free dress for this field trip, please see handbook for appropriate free dress
CUPCAKE INGREDIENTS DUE BACK TO CLASS THURSDAY, MAY 30th (See attached paper)
VOLUNTEER PAGE DUE MAY 30TH
Field Day – Friday, June 7th
All kindergartners are asked to bring fresh vegetables (washed, cut & ready to serve please). Please take the vegetables to the St. Joseph Center before 11 a.m. on Friday, June 7th or send them to class with your child the morning of the 6th or 7th.
End of the Year Program Wednesday, June 12th– 2:30 – 3:00 at St. Joseph Center
Baking & Decorating Cupcakes for End of the Year Celebration – Monday, June 10th and Tuesday June 11th
- The children have decided what kind of cupcakes they will be making for their celebration. Each child volunteered to bring an ingredient. See below for the ingredient that your child volunteered to bring. Please send the ingredients to class by Thursday, May 30th.
- I need four parent volunteers to help the children make cupcakes on Monday morning (June 10th) at 8:30 a.m. The mixing itself won’t take too long, but I do need a couple of parents that are willing to bake the cupcakes and take them out of the oven when they are done. I also need four parent volunteers to help the children frost and decorate cupcakes on Tuesday afternoon (June 11th) at 2:15 p.m.
- I also need parents to bring cupcake pans, mixing bowls, electric hand mixers, spatulas and measuring cups